For the new hire, an entry level of Laborer, N.I. Grade 1 is established. The new hire must possess the Education/Certification and meet the Physical Demand requirements.
- Preferably a high school graduate with technical schooling.
- Completed all required Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal/State, OSHA Federal/State and NFPA courses or programs. Must maintain at least minimum passing scores per regulations, for all recurring Federal/State and NFPA courses or programs.
- Must possess a valid Class B, CDL license with Hazardous Material endorsement, with no restrictions on air brakes or transmission type, and valid Medical Examiner's Certificate per 49 CFR 391.41 through 391.49, and appropriate clearance certificate such as TWIC.
- At least one year progressive and successful experience in the job duties described, based on normal progression.
- Must be a safe and competent driver, cognizant of all traffic laws and have a clean traffic abstract. Basic knowledge of pertinent codes, regulations, standards, and safety rules such as NFPA #58 and #59 and local plumbing code, in addition to standard practices and procedures.
- Must have good working knowledge of departmental operating rules and procedures and be proficient in the proper use of the tools, materials, and equipment of the trade.
- Requires a high degree of mechanical aptitude and a good safety record. Ability to operate a computer with designated software programs.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment