Working as a crewmember following specific instructions, methods, or procedures, performs as an experienced helper in assisting higher grade crewmembers in any and all jobs (as they apply to the specific branch operations) relating to LPG tanks, cylinders, and associated appurtenances and/or relating to gas mains and services distribution systems along public rights-of-way up to the meter/regulator set. Performs in other positions as assigned, depending on the island and location.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists higher grade crewmembers such as Leadman, Installer 1/C, Crewfitter in any and
all of his/her job duties such as:
2. Performs general maintenance of tanks in the field including: Chipping rust and painting;
removing covers; repairing or replace fittings, regulators and meters; servicing valves,
ect. Cuts/threads pipe using pipe cutters/threader machine and installs pipe and fittings.
3. Responds to a variety of trouble calls and performs emergency response function;
effectuates emergency repairs and/or shuts-down gas supply when
appropriate/necessary. Stands by the site when necessary until properly relieved by
4. Provides customer service and extends at all times a courteous and tactful demeanor
when dealing with customers or the public. May advise or instruct consumer in the
proper care of the tank, appliances and equipment.
5. Drives truck and maintains necessary truck supplies and equipment. Operates crane as
6. Performs clerical/administrative duties such as preparing reports, inputting data into the
7. Works in a safe and responsible manner. Complies with all safety rules, regulations and
practices in effect and as established/adopted by the Company. Cooperates in the fullest
in the promotion of safety, safe work habits, and good housekeeping to include the
reporting of any unsafe conditions or acts. Maintains all EH&S training oon a current
8. Performs in other positions as may be assigned/required depending on island location
such as Meter Reader, Cylinder Delivery Driver, or Relief Tank Truck Driver; performs
related work as required and/or directed.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment