JOB SUMMARY Performs skilled tasks of average difficulty as a Cylinder Delivery Driver and Installer Helper following specific policies/procedures/methods in responding to written/verbal instructions. Performs as Tank Truck Driver when required.
1. Performs all the duties of Cylinder Delivery Driver to include the following:
2. Assists higher grade crewmembers such as Leadman and Installer 1/C in any and all of his/her job duties such as:
3. Performs emergency response function as required such as trouble calls for tanks and performs emergency response function; effectuates emergency repairs and/or shuts-down gas supply when appropriate/necessary. Stands-by at the site when necessary until properly relieved by appropriate personnel.
4. Provides and extends at all times a courteous and tactful demeanor when dealing with all customers or the public. May advise or instruct consumer in the proper and efficient operation of their appliances/equipment.
5. Maintains necessary truck supplies and equipment.
6. Performs clerical/administrative duties such as preparing reports, inputting data into the computer, etc.
7. Works in a safe and responsible manner. Complies with and where required enforces all safety rules, regulations and practices in effect and established/adopted by the Company. Cooperates in the fullest in the promotion of safety, safe work habits, and good housekeeping to include the reporting and rectifying, as qualified, any unsafe conditions or act. Maintains all EH&S training on a current basis.
8. Performs in other positions as required such as Tank Truck Driver, Installer etc; receives appropriate higher grade in accordance with the C.B.A.
9. Performs related and other work as required and/or directed.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
Education/Certification/License: Preferably a high school graduate with technical schooling. Completed all required Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal/State, OSHA Federal/State and NFPA courses or programs. Must maintain at least minimum passing scores per regulations, for all recurring Federal/State and NFPA courses or programs. Must possess a valid Class B, CDL license with Hazardous Material endorsement, with no restrictions on air brakes or transmission type, and valid Medical Examiner's Certificate per 49 CFR 391.4 I through 391.49.
Experience: At least one year progressive and successful experience in the job duties described, based on normal progression. Must be a s1fe and competent driver, cognizant of all traffic laws and have a clean traffic abstract. Basic knowledge of pertinent codes, regulations, standards, and safety rules such as NFPA #58 and #59 and local plumbing code, in addition to standard practices and procedures. Must have good working knowledge of departmental operating rules and procedures, and be proficient in the proper use of the tools, materials, and equipment of the trade. Requires a high degree of mechanical aptitude and a good safety record. Ability to operate a computer with designate d software programs.