Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology or related discipline; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Three (3) years of Human Resources experience.
- Three (3) years of needs analysis, design, development, course delivery and evaluation of programs.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, process flow software).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of computer systems and software.
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional corporate/organizational setting.
- Familiarity with eLearning development software (Articulate Storyline, Captivate).
Preferred Education & Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in fields listed above.
- Knowledge of training software or Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Experience using various technologies to design, deliver, and administer learning products (e.g.; WebEx Adobe Connect), proficient with Microsoft Office, eLearning development software (e.g.; Articulate, Lectora, Camtasia).
- Experience applying instructional design models/methodologies for course design and development (e.g. ADDIE, SAM, 6-D’s, etc.).
- Experience interacting with all levels of management, staff, and external vendors.
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task to manage deadlines.
- Background in education or psychology settings.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Valid driver’s license (preferred) or able to commute to and from off-site events/functions with short to no notice.
- Effective communication (speaking and listening) with co-workers, customers, outside vendors, on the phone &/or in person.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English. Training, giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Ability to collaborate well with multiple stakeholders; internal and external
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Hawaii Gas is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.